Fourteenth Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium, ANTS-XIV,
University of Auckland, New Zealand
June 29 - July 4, 2020
As has been the case at prior ANTS conferences, there will again be a Rump Session. This session is an opportunity for brief announcements (such as: progress reports, news about recent results, advertisements for conferences of interest, etc) or comedy items. Talks should be short and entertaining.
The Rump Session for ANTS XIV will take place Wednesday, July 1 starting at 21:30 PM UTC. The session will be run by Brendan Creutz and Felipe Voloch.
Please register your interest in presenting, by Tuesday, June 30th 21:30 PM UTC. Registration is now closed.
Short announcements, such as conference announcements, can be up to 2 minutes in length. Longer announcements (e.g., of new results) can be up to 6 minutes in length. Please state the length of time you will need in your submission. The Rump Session chairs decide which presentations are accepted. Their decision is final and there is no appeals process.
Rump session programme Wednesday 21:30 UTC:
- Everett Howe -- The forbidden isogeny, 5 min
- Koen de Boer -- Winner of the meme competition of the ANTS summer school (first place , second place), 2 min
- Andrew Shallue -- Haskell vs C++, a ridiculously low-effort timing comparison, 6 min
- Enric Florit, Ben Smith -- Random walks in genus 2 isogeny graphs, 6 min
- Christophe Petit -- Isogeny-based cryptography winter summer school in Bristol, 14th-18th December 2020, 3 min
- Andrew V Sutherland -- ANTS XVI (that is not a typo) 3 min
- Péter Kutas -- Hidden shift quantum attack on unbalanced SIDH, 2 min
- Antonin Leroux -- Light post-quantum signatures from quaternions and isogenies, 5 min
- Laurent Grémy -- Number Theory Zoo, 4 min
- Wouter Castryck -- Radical isogenies, 4 min