New Zealand Approximation Theory Group
Approximation Theorists visiting Australasia
Here is a list of Approximation Theorists known to be visiting Australasia
and those of us based here going overseas.
The Australasian Approximation Theory community is keen to have visitors, and
encourages those travelling in the region to visit several centres
(visitor information for New Zealand).
- Len Bos (University of Calgary) visits the University of Auckland
every Northern summer ( = Southern winter).
- Mike Powell (Cambridge) is visiting Rick Beatson at the
University of Canterbury until mid December 1997
- Will Light (Leicester University) is visiting Rick Beatson at the
University of Canterbury from mid July until mid October 1998
- Norm Levenberg (Auckland) is in Indiana and Toronto until March
- Shayne Waldron (Auckland) will be going to the Nashville
conference in early January 1998, and will probably visit a few other places
If you are going to be working overseas or having academic visitors,
then please let us know by writing to