Dr Ru Nicholson
Research | Current
Modelling, PDEs, ODE's, Inverse Problems, Uncertainty Quantification, Control, Linear Algebra (including randomised), Optimisation, Optimal Experimental Design (OED), Optimisation Under Uncertainty (OUU). Markove chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods. Applications include (but are not limited to):
Geothermal modelling and calibration
Ice sheet dynamics
Non-destructive testing (NDT) and corrosion detection
Scattering and cloaking
+ various imaging modalities
Teaching | Current
Engineering Science 314
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Nicholson, R., Petra, N., & Kaipio, J. P. (2018). Estimation of the Robin coefficient field in a Poisson problem with uncertain conductivity field. Inverse Problems, 34 (11)10.1088/1361-6420/aad91e
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Jari Kaipio
- Taylor, S. W., Nicholson, R., & Baeumer, B. (2016). Calibration Transform for Discrete Spectroscopic, Mechanical and Optical Systems. In G. Wake, A. Roberts (Eds.) ANZIAM Journal: Proceedings of the Mathematics for Industry NZ Study Group 2015, 57 (March 2016). Auckland. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Stephen Taylor
- Nicholson, R. V. (2016). Approaches to Multiscale Inverse Problems The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
- Baeumer, B., Nicholson, R., & Taylor, S. W. (2015). A calibration transform for families of spectroscopes. , 57 CAMBRIDGE UNIV PRESS.10.21914/anziamj.v57i0.11238
- Sneddon, J. D., & Nicholson, R. (2011). New Graphs with Thinly Spread Positive Combinatorial Curvature. New Zealand Journal of Mathematics, 41, 39-43. Related URL.