Dr Pedram Hekmati
Research | Current
Differential geometry, Lie theory and mathematical physics. Specifically,
- Moduli spaces, character varieties, Floer homology and knot invariants,
- Generalised geometry, topological T-duality, gerbes, and K-theory
- Infinite dimensional Lie algebras and vertex operator algebras,
- Mathematical aspects of quantum field theory, gauge theory and string theory.
See my personal homepage for more details.
I am happy to supervise Honours, Masters or PhD projects in the areas of differential geometry, topology, Lie theory and mathematical physics. This includes projects on:
- moduli spaces arising in gauge theory,
- topology and geometry of representation varieties,
- Lie algebras, vertex operator algebras and modular forms,
- K-theory, index theory and geometric quantisation,
- Poisson geometry and generalised geometry,
- geometric dualities arising in string theory.
- braid groups and knot theory.
If you are interested, please contact me by email for more details.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Baraglia, D., & Hekmati, P. (2016). Moduli spaces of contact instantons. Advances in Mathematics, 294, 562-595. 10.1016/j.aim.2016.03.001
- Hekmati, P., Murray, M. K., & Vozzo, R. F. (2012). The general caloron correspondence. Journal of Geometry and Physics, 62 (2), 224-241. 10.1016/j.geomphys.2011.10.015
- Hekmati, P., & Varghese, M. (2012). T-duality of current algebras and their quantization. In C. L. Aldana, M. Braverman, B. Iochum, Neira Jiménez C (Eds.) Analysis, Geometry and Quantum Field Theory, 584, 17-38. Potsdam, Germany. 10.1090/conm/584